Chemical peels work by exfoliating the top layers of dead skin. As we age, our skin slows down its cellular turn over rate causing a build up of dead skin cells and we start to lose that youthful glow. Environmental damages and hormonal changes to the skin begin to manifest through increased hyperpigmentation (darks spots), fine lines and wrinkles, and dull/uneven skin. Chemical peels help reveal the newer, smoother, and brighter skin underneath*. Chemical peels help improve and correct conditions such as:
- Fine lines
- Uneven tone and texture
- Rough dull skin
- Sun damaged skin
- Acne prone skin
- Hyperpigmentation and melasma
- Dark spots from acne
- Congested skin
Our Chemical peels range from superficial to medium depth. They are customizable for sensitive skin, dull/uneven skin, aging skin, and acne prone skin. Mild flaking may be experienced for 3-4 days with some of these peels. When seeking to correct skin issues, a series of 6 peels is recommended. Chemical peels are great for people that desire to:
- Experience little to no flaking and peeling of the skin*
- Improve tone, texture and clarity of the skin*
- Reduce age spots and hyperpigmentation*
- Soften fine lines and wrinkles*
- Clear acne and fade marks from old acne*
- Stimulate collagen for firmer skin*
- Maintain skin health in between other treatments*
- Have a refreshed and glowing complexion*
The TCA (trichloroacetic acid) peel is the most aggressive peel we offer. Moderate to intense peeling will be experienced for 7-10 days. It will provide intense correction for conditions such as:
- Fine lines and wrinkles*
- Severe sun damage*
*Our Chemcial Peels also include a dermaplane service.
- Discontinue use of Retin-A/retinol products or prescription acne medications at least one week prior to your appointment.
- Discontinue waxing in the areas to be treated at least one week prior
- Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, or spray tanning (the peel will remove the spray tan).
- Ask our Esthetician about more in-depth chemical peel prep!
- Avoid aerobic exercise or vigorous physical activity for the first 48 hours.
- Avoid direct sun exposure! Wear SPF 30 or greater every morning.
- Be gentle to your skin. Use gentle cleansers, serums, and moisturizers.
- Avoid products containing glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and other exfoliation products.
- Do NOT peel, rub, or scratch your skin! This will cause damage to the skin.